5th & 6th Grades
(updated 17th Oct) Ciao - Tutti Cinqunta-Sei - Mr. K's 5th/6th Grade
Class room links: &
Vocabulary Q2 V1 - test day 25th Oct: /sites/default/files/pics/rkearns/Q2%20V1.xls
PDF Version: /sites/default/files/pics/rkearns/Q2%20V1.pdf
Down Load Weekly News Letters: (17th - 20th Oct)
4th Grade Weekly Homework Sheet: (17th - 20th Oct)
Math Objectives for the current Q: 2nd
4th Grade Math Objectives /sites/default/files/pics/rkearns/Math%204th%20Obj.docx
5th Grade Math Objectives /sites/default/files/pics/rkearns/Math%205th%20Obj.docx
6th Grade Math Objectives /sites/default/files/pics/rkearns/Math%206th%20Obj.docx
Drama Club our first production went very well - thank you to all of the parents, students and family who came out and supported the Star Lights. Our next production will begin in January/Febuary, we hope to see everyone there.
Thank you. Mr. K.
(5th/6th) Study hall is Monday (3:15 - 3:45) Remember to send a note each time.
(4th) Study hall is Tuesday (3:15 - 3:45) Remember to send a note each time.
Student(s) of the Week:
Relevent Data on Mr. Kearns:
I have been teaching at Scared Heart since 2011, and became a full time 5th/6th grade teacher for the 2012-2013 school year. Prior to taking the full time position at Scared Heart I taught for a year throughout the Harrision/Jackson county school districts.
MA Humanities, specialization in History (Concentrations World/Medieval/Religion), California State University, Dominguez Hills, Thesis
BA, Mississppi Educators Lincense (4th - 6th grade) - William & Carey University
BA, History, Major History, Utica College of Syracuse University
AAS, Instructor of Technology and Military Science, Community College of the Air Force (Master Instructor only 4% of all instructors reach this level)
AAS, Information Technology, Community College of the Air Force
AA, Liberal Arts, Harold Washington College Chicago
Advance Leadership Training (professional education in effective personnel management of varying ages and cultural backgrounds) 280 hrs
Initial Military Educator Course (training in communications, lesson plan creation, counseling and fundamental teaching techniques) 200 hrs
Primary Leadership Academy (concentrated training in human behavior, communications, and motivational skills) 280 hrs
Initial Leadership Academy (concentrated training in justice, multi cultural customs and counseling) 51 hrs
- Mississippi Educatiors License (4th - 6th Grade) w/15 hrs graduate level work (15th Aug 17)
- Scored in the top 15% of all PRAXIS test takers (required exams to become a certified educator)
- Developing Objectives and Tests (writing objects, measurement devices & analyzing test) 51 hrs
- Technical Writer Principles (advance skills in research, writing and editing) 144 hrs
- Technical Training Teaching Practicum (advance teaching skill beyond basic education) 180 hrs
- Principles of Instructional Systems Development (ISD) (systematic process to analyze, design, implement education based around the process of continuous evaluation & improvement) 28 hrs
- Relevant Courses
- Applied Educational Psychology
- Reading and Studying in Secondary School Education
- Practical Teaching Methodologies
- Methods and Curriculum of Teaching
- Elementary Grade Children's Literature
- Exceptional Students