5th & 6th Grades
(updated 9th May) Ciao - Tutti Cinqunta-Sei - Mr. K's 5th/6th Grade
All schedules for this week are fluid due Roasary & music practice (twice).
Class room links: &
Vocabulary: (Q4 V4 - 16th May) /sites/default/files/pics/rkearns/Q4%20V4.xls
Vocabualry: (Q4 V4 - 16th May - pdf) /sites/default/files/pics/rkearns/Q4%20V4.ps
Down Load Weekly News Letters: (7th - 11th May)
4th Grade Weekly Homework Sheet: (7th - 11th May)
None this week please check their planners.
Math Objectives for the current Q: 3rd/4th
4th Grade Math Objectives /sites/default/files/pics/rkearns/Math%204th%20Obj.docx
5th Grade Math Objectives /sites/default/files/pics/rkearns/Math%205th%20Obj.docx
6th Grade Math Objectives /sites/default/files/pics/rkearns/Math%206th%20Obj.docx
Math & Science - MS Objectives/Requirements:
Effective 2018 - 2019 Science: http://www.mde.k12.ms.us/docs/secondary-education/2018-ms_ccrs---sci_k-1...
Currently Effective 2018 - 2019 Math: /sites/default/files/pics/rkearns/2016-MS-CCRS-Math.pdf
Geo Cities or Bulid a Country Project (4th - 6th Grade) - Due Date: XXX
Project Reqs: 4th
Project Reqs: 5th
Project Reqs: 6th
Drama Club: Drama club has ened for the season - thank you to all the students who came out and their parents who helped out - WE COULD NOT HAVE DONE IT WITHOUT YOU.
Thank you. Mr. K.
(4th/5th/6th) - has ended for the year.
Relevent Data on Mr. Kearns:
I have been teaching at Scared Heart since 2011, and became a full time 5th/6th grade teacher for the 2012-2013 school year. Prior to taking the full time position at Scared Heart I taught for a year throughout the Harrision/Jackson county school districts.
MA Humanities, specialization in History (Concentrations World/Medieval/Religion), California State University, Dominguez Hills, Thesis
BA, Mississppi Educators Lincense (4th - 6th grade) - William & Carey University
BA, History, Major History, Utica College of Syracuse University
AAS, Instructor of Technology and Military Science, Community College of the Air Force (Master Instructor only 4% of all instructors reach this level)
AAS, Information Technology, Community College of the Air Force
AA, Liberal Arts, Harold Washington College Chicago
Advance Leadership Training (professional education in effective personnel management of varying ages and cultural backgrounds) 280 hrs
Initial Military Educator Course (training in communications, lesson plan creation, counseling and fundamental teaching techniques) 200 hrs
Primary Leadership Academy (concentrated training in human behavior, communications, and motivational skills) 280 hrs
Initial Leadership Academy (concentrated training in justice, multi cultural customs and counseling) 51 hrs
- Mississippi Educatiors License (4th - 6th Grade) w/15 hrs graduate level work (15th Aug 17)
- Scored in the top 15% of all PRAXIS test takers (required exams to become a certified educator)
- Developing Objectives and Tests (writing objects, measurement devices & analyzing test) 51 hrs
- Technical Writer Principles (advance skills in research, writing and editing) 144 hrs
- Technical Training Teaching Practicum (advance teaching skill beyond basic education) 180 hrs
- Principles of Instructional Systems Development (ISD) (systematic process to analyze, design, implement education based around the process of continuous evaluation & improvement) 28 hrs
- Relevant Courses
- Applied Educational Psychology
- Reading and Studying in Secondary School Education
- Practical Teaching Methodologies
- Methods and Curriculum of Teaching
- Elementary Grade Children's Literature
- Exceptional Students